ASTERISK

you may get wet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it anyways.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Alone Together

Driving to the coast we laughed and listened to music, sharing in the excitement. In the parking lot we wrestled into our wet suits and watched the horizon. We tip-toed out on the rocks together. Then in one quick motion I plunged into the dark sea alone. Just me and the cresting expanse. Paddling madly in my voyage to who knows where. I sat up in the slate gray waters and thought of them. Where are they? Did they decide not to get in? Then I saw them bobbing toward me. A muted relief filled my chest. Two other surfers emerged on the outside and we exchanged waves till the two departed. Then we were alone together. The ocean. My friends. Myself.

6 Comments:

Blogger Slim said...

Hope we can share some waves before you blast south to the land of smog and vagina.

1:53 PM  
Blogger OS said...

dude...you can't leave.

5:49 PM  
Blogger Chum said...

This is sounding too much like a eulogy.

My plunge into the sea was a bit less graceful, thank you very much.

6:59 PM  
Blogger Nash said...

Maybe a eulogy, maybe a man-on-man penthouse forum. Apparently a couple of surf buddies got bitten by the gay bug. Hey buddies, just a note, I don't want to see you guys "wrestling into your suits", or your "cresting expanse." If you ever have someone wrestle into your cresting expanse again I hope you got a ruffie.

7:59 AM  
Blogger Foul Pete said...

Did I ever tell you lads about my European Style Manbathing Club?

9:17 AM  
Blogger G said...

Hey, I thought we were in the trust tree, in the nest. Yeah, I know, I know, talking about anything other than slashing waves apart is pretty dubious. But I just wanted to share some of my inner thoughts. Maybe this will pave the way for you guys to open up the first chapter of NAMBSA (N. Amer. Man Boy Surf Assoc.).

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home