ASTERISK

you may get wet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it anyways.

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Yokelism


Dead deer,
decapitated elk
and graffiti,
oh my.

I understand the sentiment of yokelism. It's like hiding beers at a party - everybody's there to have fun, but you want to make sure your fun doesn't run out.

Fellow web/surfer, Dub, recommended I hit Ventura. Then a friend, Slimly, sent me the above pic. Curious to know the real? How full force are the foolios in Ventura?

2 Comments:

Blogger Slim said...

My understanding is it's mellowed a lot. Still some younger guys trying to claim, but the original crew is losing its grip. Try Lunada though. Different story there. Bring your sparring gloves.

9:06 AM  
Blogger Patch said...

G,

There is a history of the 'ism' that goes back to the "Nardcore Punk' scene that developed at a certain break. As for getting vibed at this particular break. It largely depends on who is there and how you act. That county has plenty of breaks. Go venture!

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home